Highfield Professional Solutions are currently looking for a 2D MEP CAD technician to join an experienced team based in Berkshire for a large infrastructure project.
Main Purpose of the Job
To create, maintain and update site plans including services, assets, grounds etc. and to produce MEP CAD drawings as per customer/client specification. To support the department ensuring a high quality data production and provide advice and support to the operational teams regarding CAD processes.
· Produce MEP CAD drawings to client/customer specifications via the department workflow system for Requests & Updates and deliver and achieve departments KPI’s under these functions.
· Maintain the department office filing system in accordance with the current structure.
· Input of data to CAD system when externally received.
· Collate and scan archive drawings when required.
· Create and maintain a CAD drawings database.
· Store all data in a format in line with security requirements.
· Answer all incoming telephone calls promptly and professionally.
· Control, curate and update Estate Documents within department responsibility.
· Work closely with other departments to assist management in achieving the business goals and objectives.
· Work within timescales needed to deliver contract requirements.
· Support the ongoing completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Security & Fraud and Sustainability processes and initiatives.
· Liaise with various levels within the company, DIO and End Users to gather and report information
· Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with Client personnel involved directly or indirectly with the contract.
· Support management and the operations teams in providing accurate data to allow optimal solutions to customer requirements and to resolve end user issues.
· Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best, improve performance and realise their full potential.
· Conscious of financial implications role can generate and report as necessary
· Adhere to Security and Fraud prevention systems and processes at all times
· Ensure duties are completed efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business.
Person Requirements: Skills & Experience Profile
Significant practical experience in CAD design including:
· A good understanding of CAD requirements in a busy contractor environment
· Data processing and management
· Prioritising tasks to meet tight deadlines
· Working within strict ISO policies and procedures
Experience of influencing a wider team, including:
· Planning, directing and controlling activities
· Agreeing scope and priorities of work
· Able to influence managers
On-going contract to start ASAP
Must be eligible for a Security Clearance.
Rate up to £30 per hour.
If you are interested in discussing this position in more detail, please call George Harrison on 01489 774010 or alternatively email on