3x Microstation Technicians – Civil/Structural
Highfield Recruitment are looking to recruit 3x Microstation Technicians with a Civil/Structural bias to work for a leading consultancy based in Leeds. Experience with Microstation, AutoCAD and Rail experience is essential.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Producing CAD design drawings issued from the design team and through your work demonstrating the high quality of CAD product that is expected from design teams;
* Your work content will include: civil engineering and railways CAD drawing production or modifications; production of 3D-modelling; spreadsheet work; and some project administration, such as maintaining orderly drawing registers and records of incoming and outgoing drawings.
* Responsible for providing simple civil engineering and railway design input and simple calculations under mentorship to multidisciplinary design teams on small to medium sized projects.
* Responsible for own activities to agreed timescales, where you will be able to demonstrate your ability to plan and manage the work of yourself and others within the defined scope of a small task or activity.
* To ensure version control of the drawings designs are maintained and align with the company standards.
* Effectively maintain development documentation in line with the companies systems.
The role offers scope for personal skill development, especially in relation to increasing railway and civil engineering CAD drawing and design expertise and experience and the application of BIM. Continual development under a Training Agreement will be put in place enabling career advancement.
* A minimum of HNC in Civil Engineering or similar
* A recognised qualification in Cad would be beneficial.
* Experienced in the use of design software packages (i.e. MicroStation, AECOsim, etc) will be necessary.
* Experience of working as a Technician in an engineering design environment
* Basic underpinning knowledge of railway, civil engineering, geotechnical and structural engineering design principles;
* Familiar in providing CAD documentation to Client requirements, and understand the CAD management requirements;
* Familiarity with Railway safety criteria and/or procedure.
* Experience of other software tools (ProjectWise, Project Programming, Microsoft Office etc.) would be desirable;
* Experience of developing 3D model and/or application of BIM procedures.
AECOsim trained would be advantage, including
* Ability to produce a non-linear 3D model using Aecosim Structural tools and why we choose to use these methods
* Application of the datagroup classification within Aecosim
* The dataset ie families and parts within Aecosim
* Drawing Extraction Manager and the ability to create a section/plan/elevation
* An understanding when to use “2D enhancements’ within a drawing
If this role is of interest or you’d like to discuss it further, please call Ashley Gorman @ Highfield Recruitment on 01489 774 010 or send your CV to [email protected]