Scotland -ideally based Glasgow or Edinburgh but flexible
£30-35k+ vehicle and benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Arboriculture Specialist to join our client on a large government contract covering Scotland and NI. The main purpose of the role is to establish and maintain agreed levels of tree management in collaboration with the Business and the Supply Chain members, and oversee delivery of all Arboricultural works within the assigned contract areas. Whilst maintaining the quality and level of service delivery, ensuring that the landscape is appropriately enhanced.
- Provide technical support on tree maintenance, safety and management to all stakeholders in connection with the maintenance of the Estate, and ensure the safe delivery of tree works in consultation with the SHEF Manager.
- Manage tree surveys and inspections, ensure reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that 15-monthly surveys of all amenity trees include a hazard evaluation and prioritisation of maintenance works to enable an appropriate response within an acceptable timescale.
- Prepare specifications and reports on new or existing works as required.
- Implement and manage improvement and/or restoration works for designated sites in consultation with Project Managers.
- Ensure that all works to be undertaken are in compliance with Health, Safety, Sustainability, Quality and Environmental Guidelines and Regulations, Codes of Practice and other statutory requirements prior to the release of any work programme to the Supply Chain.
- Liaise with the Sustainability Manager to ensure that the environmental impact of arboricultural works are considered fully.
- Manage the Supply Chain partners to deliver compliant service delivery in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all aspects of amenity tree maintenance, both planned and response, within the designated contract areas are provided to the quality, timescales and financial limits agreed.
- Carry our annual tree inspection and five yealy serveys in line with BS7073 in line with programme
- Give technical advise and support to site operational delivery team.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Professional approach to inspections and surveys and the production of reports
- Good understanding of the key trades and accepted standards of workmanship
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety and environmental guidelines and legislation
- Knowledge and experience of working within strict ISO policies and procedures
- Experience of operating within a military environment would be an advantage
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in arboriculture, urban forestry or urban woodland management
- Significant industry-based experience
- Full UK driving license
- Familiarity with contracting requirements
- H&S Certification
- BCT Bat Awareness Course
- ipaf PAL MEWP Certification
- Relevant NPTC Certification
In return you will receive a varied and challenging workload, competitive salary and benefits package and on-going career investment