Devon and Cornwall
£salary+ car and bonus
Our client provide general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services for the Ministry of Defence at multiple sites in the South West.
Following an operational management restructure, an opportunity as Area Manager has arisen for the company’s new South Region; encompassing
several sites and operational staff within MOD areas 32 and 33 in Devon and Cornwall as well as commercial activities in the Region.
* Ensuring the outputs for the core contract services and additional works are
delivered in line with plan and using the appropriate inputs
* Direct management responsibility for operational activities on defined MOD sites
and commercial contracts within their Area
* Implementing and delivering on continuous improvement initiatives and reduction
of sub-contract spend and increased self-delivery
* Responsible for managing all people related developments and issues arising
within the Area
* Ensuring site-based and commercial activities within the Area are being operated
in line with heath and safety legislation, method statements and risk assessments
* Reporting to the Regional Manager on site performance versus KPIs and
implementing any necessary corrective action
The ideal candidate will:
* Hold a minimum Level 5 NVQ or equivalent work experience in a management and/or
* Previous management experience within a facilities management environment
across multiple sites
* Completed or willing to undertake IOSH Managing Safely and management
Previous experience of working in a MoD environment would be preferred but is not essential.