Area Service Manager (Statutory Inspections)
£competative salary plus car package and benefits
We are recruiting for an Area Services Manager to join our client’s large FM contract to focus on managing statutory inspections across the clients South East portfolio.
This position will have responsibility for planning all statutory inspections across the estate and ensuring full compliance for the contract. Thorough knowledge off all statutory hard services including Asbestos, Legionella and M&E.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide first class leadership to a mobile/static Maintenance team.
- Ensure full statutory and operational compliance is achieved in line with contract KPI’s.
- Deliver cost effective / client focused FM services and drive operational excellence
- Prepare a national monthly report on all risks, opportunities, exceptions and reportable incidents for building operations.
- Drive the asset condition surveys and manage BAU input via engineers and Central Compliance to support the FMR and capital expenditure programme for all plant throughout the portfolio on an annual basis.
- Provide BAU support to the Project Management teams as and when required.
- Manage all PPM and reactive Hard Services related activities in critical environments to contract KPI’s and performance measures, strategically managing the commercial client’s property and monitoring standards
- Responsible for defining and agreeing engineering sub-contractor service requirements, and working with the Commercial and Procurement Manager to set up appropriate service agreements. Ensure regular review meetings are conducted to drive performance and cost efficiencies.
- Oversee the delegation and control of planned and reactive maintenance tasks ensuring that all activities are routed through the CAFM system and JD Edwards Information Management Systems (IMS).
- To investigate and report on major incidents/faults. Additionally, to investigate and report on all accidents involving staff and sub-contractors and to take appropriate corrective measures.
- To plan and make appropriate arrangements for shut-down maintenance.
- To plan, prepare and deliver Tool Box Safety Talks at regular intervals.
- Ensure policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, in order to maintain the integrity of operational activities, e.g. IMS, H&S, ISO14001, legislative.
- Drive Operational excellence across the portfolio and meet / exceed expectations on KPI / SLA performance
The ideal candidate will have experience in similar role, with Technical Qualifications to ONC/HNC levels within either mechanical / electrical principles. You will also need experience in leading and managing business services teams, including the management of work allocation processes, performance management, staff development and career planning.
The role also requires an excellent understanding of health and safety with a minimum of IOSH/NEBOSH certification, excellent analytical skills to operational issues
Good knowledge / experience of Microsoft office packages
Experience of working in a large scale FM contracts for a blue chip organisation including diverse portfolios.