Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Permanent opportunity – up to £42k + Package
Highfield Professional Solutions are working with a National Residential Developer to recruit an Assistant Quantity surveyor to join the team and progress within the business. The candidate will have previous experience with large residential developments. A degree is also preferred.
The Assistant Surveyor will assist in the following, relative to their experience and personal development:
- Preparing trade scope and works
- Preparing selected tender list for approval
- Collation and issue of subcontract tenders
- Prepare subcontractors appointment and proposal documents
- Holding and taking minutes of Subcontract Post-Tender and Pre-Order Meetings.
- Preparing subcontract documentation for signing by both parties in accordance with BH’s Call Off Contract procedure.
- Certifying subcontractor payments
- Assessing variations with subcontractor
- Producing subcontractor instruction/variation reports
- Preparing final account with subcontractors
- Assisting with Surveyors’ monthly cost reports
- Attending Design Team Meetings as required
- Attending subcontractor progress meetings as required
- Assisting in production of contractual letters to subcontractors when requested
- Assisting Project team with financial implications of site progress decisions
- Scheduling of directly procured materials to assist buying department
- Measurement of elements incorporated into designs to establish value and extent of works
- Assist Commercial department with compliance to business core objectives