Job Title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
I am currently recruiting for one of the largest and most successful privately owned construction groups in the UK. Having secured projects with a value of almost £3 billion, this contractor undertakes work within the residential, commercial, distribution, education, health, industrial, leisure, mixed use and retail sectors.
Due to continued growth, they are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a new-build Education project.
Typical duties will include:
- Experience of pre-start reviewing design, contract and cost plan allowances
- Attend design team meetings
- Attend and contribute to regular client project meetings
- Preparing and submitting tender packages
- Compiling of sub-contract orders
- Carrying out site measures and valuations against subcontractor applications, including issues of payment and withholding notices.
- Preparation of client applications and variation accounts
- Preparation and maintenance of procurement schedule and warranty tracker
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (preferred)
- Experience of working on large projects for the education and commercial sectors
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills.
- Confident in problem solving, decision making and able to work under pressure.
- A pro-active team player.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday per year
- Membership of group personal pension scheme
To apply or for further information please contact Kathleen Lyons – 01489 774010 –
*** Please get in touch to recommend anyone who may be interested in this position. We pay £250 for any successful referrals.***