Authorising Engineer – Electrical Bias
£DOE + car and benefits
We are urgently looking for an Authorising Engineer to join our client on their large government contract based in the East Anglia area. The purpose of the role is to implement, administer, monitor and audit the application of the safe systems of work as defined by JSP375 for the nominated disciplines.
- Define the exact extent of the systems and installations for which Authorised Persons (APs) are responsible
- Carry out the requirements of JSP in relation to the introduction of Additional Works
- Act as a Commissioning Manager for substantial Core Services or Core Works projects, preparing commissioning plans, monitoring programmes, co-ordinating commissioning activity and witnessing the commissioning of new equipment where necessary
- To carry out an annual review of the Safe Systems of Work and Authorised Persons under their control and summarise the findings in a report to the Assurance and Business Improvement
- Interview and assess Authorised Persons before appointment.
- Investigate dangerous occurrences and accidents which occur while a permit to work is in force; report findings to the SHEF Manager and the client
- Support the APs and Site Managers in meeting the requirements of JSP375
- Auditing of the implementation of JSP375 in the nominated disciplines
- To plan, develop and deliver of a range of training to AP’s and site teams on the delivery of JSP 375
- Provide AP refresher training in conjunction with the HR training department.
- Advise the Operations Director on those systems and installations to which the MOD JSP375 apply on the Contract
- Ensure compliance and adherence of with Health, Safety, Sustainability and Fire procedures
- Report deficiencies in the number of suitably trained and experienced Aps
- Advise the Senior Management Team in righting of any deficiencies in the Safe Systems of Work, which could prevent the Estate from being maintained in a safe condition
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrable experience of managing and supervising engineering staff in the
- Experience of project management/facilities management in a demanding environment
JSP knowledge but likely to be HNC level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering related discipline (or equivalent experiential experience).
Training as required by JSP 375 but likely to include the maintenance and development of technical competence in the one or more of the following:
AP1 – Electricity & AGL
AP2 – Mechanical & Pressure
Systems (inc gas & Medigas)
AP3 – PET
AP4 Confined Spaces and/or working at Height
- Health and Safety qualification at National Level 3, such as certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, NEBOSH General Certificate or another equivalent
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large business on an established contract with a busy and continuous workbook. In return for the above you will be offered a competitive salary, generous benefits package and the opportunity for ongoing career progression.