Salary: £40k-£45k + car allowance
I am currently recruiting for one of the UK’s leading structural steelwork contractors. Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit an experienced Bid Manager with Structural Steel experience to join the contracts team.
As Bid Manager, you will be reporting to the Contracts Director. Typical duties will include:
- Constantly monitoring and maintaining a high knowledge and awareness of industry best practices and initiatives.
- Following procedures and ensuring they are implemented at each stage of the bid management/tender process.
- Liaising closely with the client. Developing relationships and maintaining close contact with key decision makers throughout the bid process.
- Establishing a clear and thorough understanding of the bid requirements, including the main deliverables and the client’s drivers for developing the project.
- Ensuring that bids are completed in a timely fashion and providing the most commercial output
- Developing and monitoring tender period programme, circulate to bid team and ensuring team buy-in.
- Taking a lead role in conjunction with the Commercial Director in managing and maintaining existing commercial relationships.
- Generating new high level commercial relationships for the business.
- Generating new enquiries and projects for the business.
- Managing existing enquiries and projects as appropriate.
- Preparing and delivering high level presentations to clients.
- Leading final negotiations where appropriate.
- Taking a lead role in developing the Company’s marketing strategy.
- Preparing and delivering regular monthly reports and data on company business development operations.
- Experience of working in within the structural steel industry.
- Salary £40,000-£45,000
- Competitive holiday allowance
- 5% Pension Scheme
To apply or for further information please contact Kathleen Lyons – 01489 774010 –
*** Please get in touch to recommend anyone who may be interested in this position. We pay £250 for any successful referrals.***