Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Cable System Design Engineer to join their Power division.
Working from Dartford this role includes but is not limited to the below responsibilities;
- Design of Cable Systems to suit the load capacity and network constraints
- The preparation of designs and drawings for cable supporting steelwork and associated foundations
- Management of project design delivery
- The design of cable installation systems, carrying out pulling tension calculations
- Liaising with fabricators and equipment suppliers
- Application of client enquiry specifications and drawings
- Liaising with the client, Estimators and Engineers as required.
Suitable applicants will meet the below criteria;
- Degree level qualifications in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience and knowledge of EHV (11kV to 400kV) power systems and equipment and ideally EHV power cables and substation equipment
- Knowledge of cable system electrical design
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and circuit schematics
- Understanding of cable installation techniques
If this role would be of interest to you, please email your CV or call 01489 774010 for more detail