Calibration Engineer -M&E Specialist
£31,000 – £35,000 + Overtime – 1.5x (except Sunday 2x)
Hours of work: 8:30 to 5pm – 40 hrs per week (30 minutes lunch break)
We are currently recruiting for a Calibration Engineer to join our client at their site in Abingdon.
You will be responsible for providing the Technical support to all building services operations requiring calibration of equipment as part of a specialist team. This will include the daily management of operations to ensure consistent delivery of the account by FM and their sub-contractors for all building operations, maintenance and projects.
- Works as part of a team and is responsible for the installation, maintenance and calibration of instrumentations on site
- Perform multi-discipline equipment/ instrument calibrations to approved standard. This includes but not limited to: Pressure, Speed, Temperatures, Controllers, Flow, Pressure release valves, etc.
- Provision of maintenance and repair services for laboratory equipment (Compressed gas and mainly electronic instruments)
- Provision of an installation and commissioning service on new equipment and modification on existing equipment
- Advise users on correct operation and use of instruments and process control system, where applicable
- Maintain records of all calibrations carried out
- Perform an initial assessment of instruments fault arising
- Component level changes to instruments including the installation of surface mount devices
- Planning and execution of instrument calibration on client site, including client liaison
- Ensure all reference standards and calibration equipment are maintained and used in a suitable manner
- Develop scopes and detailed specifications to meet identified calibration or monitoring requirements
- Oversee implementation of calibration activities, taking account of the impact on site operation and safety
- Identify calibration sub-contractors and liaise with them with respect to specifications, quotations, method statements, work programs and safety
- Work with other team members as required to provide a seamless service to the client
- Responsible for monitoring and carrying out operation and maintenance activities and monitoring maintenance carried out by specialist sub contracts.
- Manage and Monitor the QFM and Building Management Systems.
- Provide specialist advice and support for all Technical Services management activities associated with all building services.
- Implement technical initiatives and provide support to overcome issues or non-compliance reports.
- Familiarisation of the building portfolio, supporting plant, systems and core business process equipment to ensure technical competency as part of the technical team.
- Operate as the Approved Persons for all areas of competency with review and approval of the associated Permits to Work.
- Attend the site out of hours in cases of emergency when the sub-contractor or security operations request support.
- Isolates defective equipment from power supply, checks visually for faults, tests mechanical parts for faults, isolates the problem areas and take corrective action to repair the problem.
- Conducts preventative maintenance on machines and equipment by checking for smooth operation of the same and replacing worn and defective parts.
- Rotationally meet the SLA for technical support to be on site until 1700
- To carry out PPM and reactive tasks.
Technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in a craft skill or engineering discipline would be an important prerequisite of the role.
Qualified to City & Guilds 2360 Part 1 & 2 or equivalent NVQ & C&G 2382 -10
17th Edition or appropriate electrical/ electronic engineering qualifications required
C&G 2391-10 Inspection & Testing, & C&G 2391-20 Design & Verification preferred but not required
Experience in a calibration or electronics environment is preferable
Experience of installation, testing and maintenance of LV distribution systems
Experience of standby power systems including prime movers and UPS
Experience of safe working practices and permit to work systems
Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis
Substantial operational and technical experience with demonstrated potential
Demonstrated ‘hands-on’ technical expertise in a number of key operational areas
A proven understanding of laboratory equipment and system is desirable