CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER
Freelance or Perm
Rate / Salary on Application
Our client are a multi-disciplinary Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. They have a number of different divisions, including; Energy, Oil & Gas, Water, International, Process and Control & Automation.
As part of our clients’ expansion plans we are seeking a Civil Design Engineer, with appropriate experience (including site work), to join their in-house design team. Candidates should have a background in either steel/structural, RC or geotechnical or a combination.
The projects will be a variety of RC & Structural Steel work including water tanks and substations.
- Liaison with clients to understand their specific requirements
- Preparation of outline designs for tenders within short timescales
- Preparation of clear and well-structured design calculations and reports
- Proven ability to undertake civil and structural design to current codes and standards
- Thorough knowledge of safety legislation relating to CDM regulations
- Understanding of geotechnical aspects relating to permanent and temporary works
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to provide innovative solutions that add value
In addition to being HND/degree qualified, you will have previously worked in a similar role with a Consultancy or Contractor and a full driving licence is essential as the office is difficult to get to through public transport.
For more details please call Tom Mlinar on 01489 774010 or send your cv