Civil Design Engineer
Highfield Professional Solutions are working alongside a very reputable engineering consultancy, which are looking for a Civil Engineer that can demonstrate suitable experience in below ground drainage (Section 104) and standard road design (Section 38/278). The successful candidate will be able to work under their your own initiative with minimum supervision.
The role will include highways and drainage engineering in relation to civils building projects such as residential schemes, schools, industrial units, commercial and retail buildings etc.
The successful candidate will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results to our clients. Working as part of a team and reporting to a Partner or Associate on a daily and weekly basis, you will work on a variety of Civil Engineering projects and be expected to:
- Prepare Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies to suit Client purposes.
- Experience of PDS, Microdrainage and AutoCAD (Civils 3D preferable)
- Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of civil engineering solutions across highways and drainage design.
- Significant knowledge and experience of the principles and application of all relevant regulations and guidance including, but not limited to the most up-to-date versions of Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Sewers for Adoption.
- Knowledge and experience of the application of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to plan and manage personal and team effectiveness.
- Take responsibility and provide technical/commercial knowledge and decisions to control our exposure to risk with Project Partner support as necessary.
- Liaise with co-professionals and clients on a project basis through meetings and conference calls etc, with input to information production and execution programmes.
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of sites; prepare reports or sections thereof.
If this role could be of interest or you’d like further information, please send your CV or call Ashley on 01489 774 010