£40-45k+ car and package
We are currently recruiting for a Contract Manager to be based at our client’s site in Farnborough with travel in the South.
The key purpose of the role will be to effectively manage the strategic direction of the contract along with a number of service providers. The prime objective is to ensure that adequate management systems are in place to continually ensure a safe and robust environment for achieving superior performance in uptime throughout the contract.
Key duties –
- Prepare specifications briefs in consultation with staff
- Tender works in line with our Procurement Policy
- Manage quotation submission to client and gain approvals / purchase orders
- Prepare budget costs and ongoing budgetary control
- Appoint and manage consultants and other specialist contractors
- Attend regular approval meeting with Client interface
- Manage work through to effective completion and submit for invoicing
- Will stand in for the Area Engineering Manager and assume their daily responsibilities when they are not on site
- Ensure all works are managed in accordance with company standard operating procedures and Health and Safety regulations
- Ensure all RAMS are suitable and sufficient whether work is subcontracted or delivered by an in house team and are in place and adhered to
- Liaise with the helpdesk administrators regarding organising any out of hours or weekend working including the control of sub-contractors and ensuring both site security and the client are aware of any out of hours works. This work includes the inspection of permits to work issued to sub-contractors and ensure they are operated correctly.
- Manage projects from input to design specification, tender, installation to commissioning, practical completion, handover and invoicing
- Co-ordinate the procurement and resource planning within the requirements of the contract needs
- Ensure that all quality control systems and procedures are implemented and maintained
- Ensure appropriate record keeping in maintained and available for Client audits
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, subcontractors and suppliers
- Manage all Health and Safety matters (CDM) in accordance with company procedures and current relevant legislation
The ideal candidate will need to have:
- Proven experience in Contract Management and technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in a craft skill or engineering discipline
- Ability to liaise with and supervise contractors* Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and safe working practices
- Experience in pharmaceutical, healthcare or processing industry and working within a GMP environment would be an advantage
- Hold sufficient Health and Safety (CDM) experience that allows the effective running of projects.
For more information please contact Kirsty on 01489 774 010