Job Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Rate: £40 – £45ph
You will be working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across a wide variety of markets and sectors. The Building Design practice works on projects including commercial, residential and healthcare. This opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day to day design and management of projects. Your typical duties will include:
- Design and specification of all Mechanical Building Services systems – heating, cooling, ventilation, controls, etc.
- Preparing technical specifications using NBS.
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team a working understanding / use of Autodesk (& Revit).
- Managing and updating own workload, and that of the team.
- Managing the MEP team in project delivery within budget.
- Reviewing progress, Inc. reporting any anomalies and changes of scope to the line manager.
Ideally you will have:
- Detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards.
- Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is essential
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering or related subjects.
- Minimum of 5 years Building Services experience
- The right to work in the UK
For more information on this role or to apply please contact Jemma Harding on 01489 774 010