Data Centre Day Engineer
About the role
You could become part of a major service provider looking after a top of the line Data Centre in the Reading area. For this role you will work Monday – Friday on either the early shift (7:30-15:30) or the late shift (10:30-19:00). In addition to these hours you will be part of an on-call rota that provides additional earnings. The role will be based on the one main site but covering 5 smaller DC’s containing 3 generators and 5 UPS systems.
We are looking for someone with a good understanding of Critical Facilities/Data Centre infrastructure (Mechanical & Electrical). As a key member of the engineering teams, you will responsible for the inspection, operation and maintenance of all associated assets within the Data Centre (Planned, Reactive and Corrective).
Essential qualifications relevant to the role:
- Experience in facilities, operations or engineering; in a Datacentre critical environment.
- LV and HV switching experience / HVAP
- Demonstrable experience in operating and fault finding complex and integrated M&E systems including (Transformers, LV, Generators, UPS, Electrical distribution, BMS, Air Conditioning, Fire suppression systems)
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Good understanding through experience of how Data Centre’s (or other relevant critical facilities) operate
- Willingness to learn new practices and processes
- To possess a clean full UK driving licence
In return for these skills there is a generous and highly competitive remuneration package on offer including basic salary, holiday package, pension commitment and other company wide benefits.
If interested in the role please contact Ben Palmer at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489774010 or alternatively send your CV through