Data Centre Shift Engineer
You will be joining a leading FM service provider on a secure data centre in the West London region.
You could be working directly for the client and looking after a top of the line Data Centre in the Hounslow area. The role will be on the one main site. For this role you will be required to work as part of a Continental Shift Pattern.
We are looking for someone with some understanding of Critical Facilities/Data Centre infrastructure (Electrical and Mechanical). As a key member of the engineering shift team, you will responsible for the inspection, operation and maintenance of all associated assets within the Data Centre, with a primary focus on relevant electrical asset maintenance (Planned, Reactive and Corrective). You will also be expected to develop into a HV Authorised Person for the site and will actively contribute to the successful delivery of all critical works. In this particular role if you have any networking or computer side experience this would also be beneficial.
Could this role be for you?
- Experience in facilities, operations or engineering; ideally but not necessarily in a Data centre critical environment
- LV and HV switching experience
- Demonstrable experience in operating and fault finding complex and integrated M&E systems including (Transformers, LV, Generators, UPS, Electrical distribution, BMS, Air Conditioning, Fire suppression systems)
- Electrically Qualified – 17th or 18th Edition
- Good understanding through experience of how Data Centre’s (or other relevant facilities) operate
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new skills and processes
- To possess a clean full UK driving licence
In return for these skills there is a generous and highly competitive remuneration package on offer including basic salary, holiday package, pension commitment and other company wide benefits.
Please contact Iain MacDonald to discuss further