Data Centre Shift Engineer
About the role
You could become part of a major service provider looking after a top of the line Data Centre in the Hayes area. The role will be on the one main site. You will be required to work as part of a Continental Shift Pattern.
We are looking for someone with some understanding of Critical Facilities/Data Centre infrastructure (Electrical and Mechanical). As a key member of the engineering shift team, you will responsible for the inspection, operation and maintenance of all associated assets within the Data Centre, with a primary focus on relevant electrical asset maintenance (Planned, Reactive and Corrective). You will also be expected to develop into a HV Authorised Person for the site and will actively contribute to the successful delivery of all critical works.
Essential qualifications relevant to the role:
- Experience in facilities, operations or engineering; ideally but not necessarily in a Datacentre critical environment
- LV and HV switching experience
- Demonstrable experience in operating and fault finding complex and integrated M&E systems including (Transformers, LV, Generators, UPS, Electrical distribution, BMS, Air Conditioning, Fire suppression systems)
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Good understanding through experience of how Data Centre’s (or other relevant facilities) operate
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new skills and processes
- To possess a clean full UK driving licence
In return for these skills there is a generous and highly competitive remuneration package on offer including basic salary, holiday package, pension commitment and other company wide benefits.
If interested in the role please contact Ben Palmer at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489774010 or alternatively send your CV through to [email protected]