Data Centre Shift Engineer
About the role
You could become part of a major service provider looking after a top of the line Data Centre in the Slough area. The role will be on the one main site. You will be required to work as part of a Continental Shift Pattern (4 on 6 off – 4 nights on 4 off – 3 days on – 3 off). There is the potential for over time.
We are looking for someone with detailed understanding of Critical Facilities/Data Centre infrastructure (Electrical and Mechanical). As a key member of the engineering shift teams, you will responsible for the inspection, operation and maintenance of all associated assets within the Data Centre, with a primary focus on relevant electrical asset maintenance (Planned, Reactive and Corrective). You will also be a HV Authorised Person for the site and will actively contribute to the successful delivery of all critical works.
Essential qualifications relevant to the role:
- Experience in facilities, operations or engineering; in a Datacentre critical environment
- LV and HV switching experience
- Demonstrable experience in operating and fault finding complex and integrated M&E systems including (Transformers, LV, Generators, UPS, Electrical distribution, BMS, Air Conditioning, Fire suppression systems)
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Good understanding through experience of how Data Centre’s (or other relevant critical facilities) operate
- Experience in HV/LV switching
- To possess a clean full UK driving licence
In return for these skills there is a generous and highly competitive remuneration package on offer including basic salary, holiday package, pension commitment and other company wide benefits.
If interested in the role please contact Ben Palmer at Highfield Professional Solutions on or alternatively send your CV through