EICA / Mechanical Project Engineer
Up to £34,000 Per annum plus package
Highfield Professional Solutions are currently seeking a EICA or Mechanical Project Engineer to work for a Hampshire based Water Company. The Company is in the midst of implementing a number of projects related to our non-infrastructure assets, as part of our AMP7 capital programme. These projects are aimed at maintaining and improving our treatment works assets to ensure continuous high standard water is supplied to our customers. This work will involve the refurbishing, replacing and improving our electrical, mechanical, instrumentation control and automation assets on existing clean water treatment works and distribution network implementing new technologies, and developing solutions / designs with key stakeholders & partners.
They are recruiting for a Mechanical or Electrical, Instrument, Control & Automation (EICA) Project Engineer to assist in the management of these schemes with our Project Managers. Working within our Investment Department Non-Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for assisting the Project Managers to ensure the delivery of projects to the required quality, within time and to budget. You need to be an excellent communicator with a track record of building trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders, companies, contractors and suppliers. Along with a pro-active approach to Health & Safety and customer service, we will need you to work at all times in line with our values of excellence, respect and integrity.
The successful candidate will be expected to have reasonable understanding of project management, in-particular APMP methodology. Previous experience in working within UK Water industry is preferred, either within a Water Company, consultant &/or contractor on design and build projects. You also need to demonstrate an ability to use your initiative to resolve issues and drive projects to a conclusion.
* Assist Project Manager(s) as the Project Engineer with the following; – Project scope(s) definition with key stakeholders – Ensuring the projects are delivered on time, within budget and desired quality standards. – Management of key stakeholder relationships both internally & externally – Creation of the scopes, contracts, reports & position papers, in particular Mechanical or EICA elements – ‘Day to Day’ project management co-ordination tasks to reduce the work load on PM’s
* Mechanical or EICA designs, specifications and documentation reviews on behalf of the client, development of client Mechanical or EICA & general designs standards,
* Supervision of Mechanical Works or Site Electrical Works under 18th EE regulations (training will be provided if not 18th EE qualified)
* Managing, Supervising and Diagnosing PLC (Schneider / Allen Bradley) & Telemetry (Schneider GeoSCADA / Clear SCADA) software configuration amendments through the project life cycle. (EICA only)
* Commissioning of Mechanical assets or MCC’s, quality and monitoring Instrumentation, control systems & shutdown
* Quality Assurance / Acceptance of Mechanical or EICA works to applicable standards
* Project management & delivery of minor projects
* General Site supervision
* Health & Safety and environment Assessments & audits Key Attributes
* Mechanical or Electrical / Instrument / Control / Automation Engineering back-ground
* Ability to manage multiple work streams working with a range of PMs
* Excellent at working within a team environment
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level or equivalent, hold a relevant or working towards a professional qualification (e.g. I MechE, IET I-Eng or C-Eng) and have a Full driving licence.
To apply for this position please contact Tom Mlinar on 01489 774010 or send a copy of your cv