Electrical Design Engineer – Pumps
Up to £35,000 per annum
Highfield Professional Solutions are working with a leading designer, manufacturer and producer of pumps in the appointment of an Electrical Design Engineer. Working from there head office in Southampton the successful candidate will be responsible for producing electrical designs in support of current & future product range. This role will also be responsible for generating and maintain electrical drawings, technical documentation, risk assessments and EHSr surveys for all projects moving through the department.
As the Electrical Design Engineer your duties will include but not be limited to –
- Produce electrical designs for diesel and electric driven pumps
- Prepare wiring layouts and 3D models using AutoCAD/Autodesk Inventor
- Ensure all designs & drawings meet requirements and comply with relevant regulations
- Maintain technical files for projects and ensure documentation and testing complies with CE legislation
- Assist with queries from the production area and from sub-contract suppliers
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure ‘best available practice’ is maintained through the manufacturing process
This role will work very closely with our Production team so it essential that this role is able to develop strong collaborative working relationships to overcome challenges and bring solutions to the design / assembly process. Motivated and driven, the role requires a team player who is confident in their knowledge and skills and has a positive can do attitude.
To apply for this position the successful candidate will have a Degree / HNC in Electrical Engineering, previous experience with Diesel engine wiring/controls, an understanding of single/3 phase electric motors & cables and electrical fault-finding skills. You will also have a Knowledge of AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor or Vault Professional software.
In return you can expect a salary up to £35,000 per annum plus 24 days + Bank Holidays per annum, Pension Scheme, Company sick pay, Childcare Voucher Scheme and Free Parking on site.
For more information or to apply for this position please call Tom on 014789 774010 or send a copy of your cv