Maintenance Electrician -Porton Down, Salisbury- £28,000 – £32,000
About the role
You could become part of a National company recognised for focusing on training and staff development who are seeking a Maintenance Electrician to join their expanding team this will be a static role.
The working hours are 8am-.4.30pm Mon-Thurs,
8am-4pm on Fridays
(37hpw, 1-hour unpaid lunch).
To ensure that the delivery of electrical aspects is delivered in an effective, efficient and professional manner to the complete satisfaction of all of direct and indirect clients.
Must be willing to go through Security Checks for the role.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record with (post apprenticeship) experience of planned maintenance in a highly regulated environment.
- Isolates defective equipment from power supply, checks visually for faults, tests mechanical parts for faults, isolates the problem areas and take corrective action to repair the problem.
- Conducts preventative maintenance on machines and equipment by checking for smooth operation of the same and replacing worn and defective parts.
- The installation of electrical systems and associated equipment followed up with the appropriate certification.
- Assistance in the preparation of estimates / quotations as required.
- Conform to safety rules and apply good engineering and safety practices.
- Multi-skilled background with a good understanding of steam generation & HVAC systems. A good understanding of High Voltage systems would also be an advantage.
- The responsibility for allocated work orders from receipt to completion.
- Provision of information on progress of allocated work orders.
- Adherence to the Quality Management System applied to all M&E systems.
- Qualified to City & Guilds 2360 Part 1 & 2 or equivalent NVQ & C&G 2382 -10 17th Edition Minimum requirements
- C&G 2391-10 Inspection & Testing required.
- C&G 2391-20 Design & Verification preferred but not required
- Experience of installation, testing and maintenance of LV distribution systems
- Experience of standby power systems including prime movers and UPS
- Experience of safe working practices and permit to work systems
- Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis
- Understanding of A/C systems and controls
- Be able to communicate effectively and have flexible approach to work patterns
- Full UK driving license
In return for these skills there is a generous and highly competitive remuneration package on offer including a competitive basic salary of up to £32,000 dependent on experience + holiday package of 25 days, pension commitment and other company wide benefits.
If interested in the role please contact Iain Macdonald at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489774010 or alternatively send your CV through