Engineering Technicians Mechanical & Electrical
Peterborough and Nottingham Areas
Highfield Professional Solutions are seeking an Engineering Technician with experience in the installation, service and refurbishment of submersible and surface mounted pumping equipment to join a global engineering company.
You will need to be qualified to a Minimum City & Guilds/NVQ 2330 Level 3 or industry equivalent, (including 17th Edition) or Mechanical equivalent and it would be advantageous if you have knowledge of pumps/pumping systems, associated equipment, 3 phase industrial electrics, fault finding and testing of electrical components.
You will be responsible for but not limited to –
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analytical survey of control equipment, both electrical and physical.
- Isolate, dismantle and inspect pumping equipment, including moving parts and lubricants.
- Examine and report any defects with regards to the valves and pipework.
- Report any abnormalities.
- Supply details, measurements, and full descriptions of any components that require replacement.
- Install and commission supplied equipment and all associated apparatus.
- Work as part of a team where health and safety demands.
- Carry out both planned and reactive service visits as scheduled in a timely manner.
- Lifting of access covers, pumping equipment and all associated components from ground level to an approximate depth of 10m using the appropriate tools supplied by the client..
- Working in an outdoor environment in different weather conditions on a daily basis.
- Driving a company vehicle to the standard required by the client, as detailed in the Company policy to and from scheduled and reactive calls.
- Guide and supports junior team members; may assist in their formal training.
Standard hours of work are 39 per week however, a totally flexible working attitude is necessary to meet the client and business needs. In addition, evening/weekend on-call duties will be necessary on a rota basis.
For more information or to apply for this position, please call number as ask for Adam McTigue.