Role: Engineering Technician – Treatment
Salary: Upto £32k
Highfield Professional Solutions are recruiting a Engineering Technician on behalf of a leading Water Technology company.
The overall role is for a Treatment Engineering Technician to deliver technical service support across the various company treatment brands nationwide.
This will include service engineering support to the Treatment department covering the five product brands Flygt, Godwin, Leopold, Sanitaire & Wedeco
Key responsibilities include:
- Pre-site testing and on-site commissioning of plant and recording results
- Repairs and site modifications – electrical and mechanical
- Customer training in product range.
- Responsible for ensuring that the company at all times adheres to the relevant NICEIC, WIMES and H&S Standards.
- Liaise between the customer and our engineering departments
- Support the Company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health and Safety at Work, this in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by the Company.
- Produce detailed service reports in a timely manner
- Carry out other tasks as may be defined by the company that may be required in order to develop the business.
- To ensure that all work carried out conforms to the company’s QA Procedures at all times.
- To ensure that all work carried out conforms to the companies Corporate Code of ConductSkills/Experience:
- Experience of working on process electrical equipment
- Any experience working within the water/pump industry is advantageous although not essential.
- Knowledge of mechanical/electrical and general specifications associated within the water industry in the UK.
- Experienced in industrial control system components, control panels and wiring
- Capable of working with electrical circuit diagrams and specifications.
- A strong personality able to deal with customers and suppliers in difficult contractual situations
- Flexibility to be able to travel throughout the UK and to be able to commit the time required to ensure that contract deadlines are met
- Organisational skills for handling of workload for installation scope and for performing tasks in a timely and correctly prioritised manner.
- Time served electrician with relevant associated qualifications
- A thorough grounding in Electrical Engineering and an awareness of current industry standards including the 17th Edition.
- Relevant product, associated spares and market knowledge would be beneficial
- Computer literate
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
For further information please call Helen at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489 774010 or email [email protected]