Highfield Professional Solutions are currently looking for an Exhaust & Ventilation Technician to join our clients maintenance team located near Harlow. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a range of technical and engineering duties related to the maintenance and testing of LEV equipment and facilities contract wide.
Work is be carried with accordance with schedules generated by site engineering planning LEV coordinator once process supervisor and laboratory users agree a program of work.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Apply technical and manual skills required to meet requirements of the contract when carrying out –
- Work appropriate to core specialised skills
- Work with equipment
- Testing and maintenance work on LEV equipment and services, appropriate level of skill
- Be fully aware of Service Level Agreements between PD and SED to ensure its requirements are met.
- To act as a Deputy for Process Supervisor in their absence or when requested or delegated to do so to ensure continuity of customer liaisons and relations and service level agreements are maintained.
- To provide information to support client QI process.
- To carry out the duties of the single skilled technician in the discipline for which craft competency is held.
- To carry out the duties of other trade disciplines to the level of trained competence.
- To take the lead in specific jobs and to direct other technicians or contractors
- To investigate, diagnose and rectify faults to a proven level of competency.
- Carry out isolations to Company standards to enable the safe disconnection of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- To check, test, set and adjust electrical and mechanical equipment to the levels to their proven competence.
- To operate and monitor plant items and services and to maintain such systems including the addition of chemicals and lubricants in accordance with current COSHH regulations.
- To identify further training as part of the appraisal system to ensure that applicable levels of skilled competence are maintained.
- To liaise closely with the Senior Technician and User Departments to maintain a high degree of first line contact.
- To attend technical seminars and training courses as appropriate.
- To record and request through the proper channels, parts needed and spares used ensuring compliance with relevant SOP’s appertaining to change control and control and use of GxP spares.
- To have a thorough knowledge of fluid systems likely to be encountered, being able to fault find and rectify as necessary. Carry out cleaning, flushing and dosing as required.
To apply for this position please contact Tom Mlinar on 01489 774010 or send a copy of your cv