Role: Field Service Engineer – Healthcare and Scientific
Highfield Professional Solutions are working on behalf of a leading water technology company who are looking for a field service engineer to work within there healthcare and scientific sector.
You will provide on-site corrective/preventive maintenance for customer’s water treatment equipment, including equipment swap outs, emergency response.
Once fully trained and competent you will be required to carrying out commissioning work on standard equipment, and provide after-sales technical and commercial support.
As part of this role you will also be required to complete risk assessments work reports, activity reports and other documentation.
- To be considered this role you will need to have the following;
- NVQ or higher in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or similar or even working towards.
- GCSE or equivalent – English and Maths.
- A full UK driving license is required.
- Experience with the water treatment industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Knowledge of the Healthcare and Scientific market is desirable.
- Experience of having worked as a Service Engineer or in a field based technical support role would be an advantage but not essential.
- Passionate about providing a first class service to our customers.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- A professional approach to your work and communication with colleagues and customers.
- A good level of IT competency
- Good organisational skills with an eye for detail and the able to prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks.
Salary & package: Upto £31k + Company Vehicle + Overtime + Commission + 25 days holiday plus bank holidays + Company Pension
Hours & Shifts: Minimum 37.5 hours per week. This is a field based role and would suit someone living in Reading area. The areas to cover are Central and West London, Berkshire, Hants and along the M4 Corridor; however you may be required to travel to client sites outside of these areas depending on your work schedule.
A flexible approach to customers’ needs and working hours is required, in this role and may include the need for you to work some weekends and during some public holidays. You will also be included on a rota to provide out of hours cover and rapid response to our clients. A flexible approach to customers’ needs and working hours is required.
- You will also benefit from the following;
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to earn overtime and commission
- Tablet & Smartphone
- Company car or van (option)
- Fuel Card
- Work wear
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Social events
And also…..Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Health Cash Plan, Shopping discounts and much more.
(*Benefits are based on probation and length of service)
For further information, please call Helen Lee on 01489 774010 or email your CV to [email protected]