Fire Alarm installation Commissioning engineer
£32-35k + vehicle and benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Fire Alarm Installation Commissioning Engineer to be based in and around the Manchester area
To provide cost effective and efficient commissioning services for the Fire &Security Projects Team. Primary objective will be to work with and support the installation teams to deliver fully commissioned electronic fire alarm systems in accordance with all relevant standards and in line with company procedures.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Work alongside Project manager to deliver new Fire Alarm systems and upgrades to existing systems throughout key sites.
- Carry out extensive site surveys in order to verify tender designs and make recommendations where necessary.
- Lead small teams of engineers during installations, providing guidance to British Standards and Technical Support.
- Test and Commission Installations to British Standard and complete certification and accompanying paperwork in line with LPS 1014.
- Set up large multi-panel networks and program a wide range of Cause and Effect strategies including delay timers and phased evacuations.
- Have a methodical approach to fault finding across a range of systems.
- Develop and maintain effective Client relationship
- Assist in the development of trainees and mentoring engineers.
- First response to CCTV, Access Control, and Intruder Alarm Systems faults when called upon
- Advise or recommend improvement for additions or reductions in the scope of works.
Other factors relevant to the role:
- Excellent communications skills.
- Smart, presentable appearance.
- Personable and approachable.
- A team player with the ability to work from their own initiative.
- Prepared to work additional hours if and when reasonably requested.
- Must be willing to undertake further training.
- Full Driving licence necessary.
- Out of hours working weekends and nights may be required.