Fire Alarm Technician -Aldermaston- Up to £28,000 + Package/allowances
About the role
You could become part of a major service provider looking after a High value client in the Berkshire Area, you will be required to work as part of a Fortnightly Shift Pattern seen below:
The working hours are Working a 9-day fortnight –
Week 1 – Monday-Friday between 7:45 – 16:30 (16:15 on Fridays)
Week 2 – Monday-Thursday between 07:45-16:30
We are looking for someone to carry out System Maintenance, Reactive & Additional Works to, Automatic Fire Detection and Alarm Systems, including mechanical Gas extinguishing systems.
The Salary is between £26,000 – £28,000 dependant on experience with a £4,000 site allowance also offered on top of the salary
Duties involved in the role:
- Service & Maintenance of Fire detection and extinguishing systems in accordance with relevant standards and company guide lines.
- Complete timesheets weekly and provide monthly mileage and expenses returns.
- Comply with policies relating to Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Technical Compliance issues that affect the customer and employees.
- Ensure all relevant engineering practices are adhered to.
- Advise Line Manager of progress on the contract.
- Develop and maintain effective Client relationship and assist in gaining future work for the Company.
- Provide weekly progress reports to Line Manager.
- Advise Line Manager on a daily basis of the progress on the contract.
- Generate quotes identifying additional works and provide quotation information as necessary.
- To participate & comply with material ordering and procurement procedures.
- Will be required to be on call-out rota, for out of hour’s call-outs.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as requested by Management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to City & Guilds or equivalent (eg NVQ level 3) in installation of electrical and electronic equipment.
- FIA Module Unit 1 (FD&A system Basic Design)
- FIA Module Unit 5 (FD&A Maintenance)
- ONC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering
- Proven ability to service and repair Fire Detection and Gas Extinguishing systems.
- Proven experience of working within a similar role or environment
- Extensive knowledge of relevant standards (BS5839 2013 Fire detection and alarm BS6266 Fire protection for electronic equipment installations)
- Advanced diagnostic and fault-finding skills, with the ability to resolve by elimination and/or technical recommendations.
- Knowledge and experience of permits to work systems, method statement and risk assessments
- Health & Safety Trained
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Personable and approachable
- Have good behavioural attitude
- Smart presentable appearance
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and embrace procedures
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Proven communication and numeric skills (verbal and written)
- Flexible and adaptable
- A team player with ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision
In return for these skills there is a generous and highly competitive remuneration package on offer including basic salary, holiday package, pension commitment and other company wide benefits.
If interested in the role please contact Iain Macdonald at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489774010 or alternatively send your CV through to email@example.com