Fire Systems Technician – Coventry – Up to £34,000
About the role
You could become part of a National company recognised for focusing on training and staff development who are seeking a Fire Systems Technician to join their expanding team in Coventry this will be a mobile role.
The working hours are 8:00am – 17:00pm
To provide first line System Maintenance, Reactive & Small or Extra Works to, Automatic Fire, Fire Extinguishing, and Fire Aspiration Alarm Systems, with response to CCTV, Access Control and Security Systems.
*Provide commissioning, installation and reactive attendance for, Automatic Fire Alarm Systems and CCTV, Access Control and Security Systems to other Specialist Services contract sites when called upon.
*Advise or recommend improvement for additions or reductions in the scope of works.
*Produce comprehensive day work / extra works quotations in a competitive and realistic manner, ensuring that the quotation is accurate, achievable and commercially viable.
*Co-ordinate and professionally carry out Planned Preventive Maintenance and Reactive Activities in conjunction with Specialist Services Service Centre requests and/or site/clients database requirements.
*To be responsible and monitor all contracted, Automatic Fire Alarm Systems with expected 1st response to CCTV, Access Control and Security Systems equipment, safely within assigned area or any given contract.
*To be responsible and monitor all contracted, CCTV, Access Control and Security Systems with expected 1st response to Automatic Fire Alarm Systems equipment, safely within assigned area or any given contract.
*To carry out any reasonable request for reactive calls or site system moves and changes both by way of small works installation and commissioning.
*All standards of work in compliance with All Security & Fire Standards and good working practices.
*To ensure all reactive works are carried out in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
*Adhere to ISO 9001,ISO 9002 Quality Procedures in accordance with the company quality manual, along with All Security & Fire Standards and good working practices.
- Educated to GCSE level with City & Guilds or equivalent in installation of electronic equipment
- Proven experience within a similar role or environment High Level of knowledge of relevant Fire standards BS 5839 Pt 1 – 2002, BS 6266 Pt 1 – 2002 BS 7273 Standards High Level of knowledge of relevant Security standards (BS4737,PD6662, DD243, BS5839) with working knowledge of NACP and be experienced in System Performance Executive as outlined in N.S.I.
- FSI (BFPSA) Training and Certification (Design, Maintenance & Installation)
- Full UK driving license
- Proven experience on the service and maintenance of CCTV, Access Control, Intruder Alarm Systems and Automatic Fire Alarm Systems
- Proven experience on the service and maintenance of CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Alarm Systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent diagnostic and fault-finding skills, with the ability to resolve by elimination or technical recommendations.
- Excellent telephone manner
In return for these skills there is a generous and highly competitive remuneration package on offer including a competitive basic salary of up to £34,000 dependant on experience + holiday package of 25 days, pension commitment and other company wide benefits.
If interested in the role please contact Iain Macdonald at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489774010 or alternatively send your CV through