Head of Engineering Services
Porton Down, Salisbury
£competitive + excellent benefits
We are urgently looking for a Head of Engineering to work with our client in Porton Down, Salisbury.
The purpose of the role is to direct and lead engineering and project activities across the estate, ensuring cost effective and timely delivery of all operational obligations including project activities and service provisions, whilst at the same time introducing operational efficiencies through process improvements and innovation in order to satisfy customer need and deliver profitable sustainable results.
Principal Accountabilities are:
- Be responsible for leading and directing engineering operational activities in order to maintain and improve the service delivery in accordance with contractual obligations and SLAs for planned, reactive and minor new works
- Lead and inspire the engineering and project managers and their teams towards the cost effective delivery of our contractual obligations in such a way to meet and exceed clients’ expectations.
- Ensure engineering services are managed so as to demonstrate compliance with not only statutory and legal obligations, but also client specified contract obligations, policies and procedures
- Provide technical excellence and advice to the engineering and project teams and client organisation
- Ensure the Operations have suitable, qualified and experienced people in place within an appropriate reporting structure, who have suitable capabilities and are motivated to perform at the highest level.
- Develop and define best practice maintenance procedures in conjunction with client and regulatory requirements and write technical and management systems reports
- Liaise with customers’ auditors and ensure the execution and timely close out of corrective actions and at all times comply with customers’ specifications
- Lead and develop lean processes for maintenance activities in a live complex regulated organisation.
- Ensure that all operational activities are conducted in accordance with standard policies and procedures and are aligned to our vision, culture and values; in particular:
- Health, Safety, Quality and the Environment
- Financial Reporting
- Commercial and legislative
- HR and employee welfare
- Develop strong relationships with client staff and their representatives applying Key Account Management principles in order to foster good working relationships at every level and optimise the commercial position of the business.
- Accountable for the delivery of agreed financial targets of the Engineering Services operational activities
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer combined with a degree in a relevant engineering discipline or demonstrable equivalent and a member of a relevant professional body e.g. IET, CIBSE, IHEEM IMechE etc. with evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- A proven successful track record working at Senior Engineering Operations Level responsible for full profit and loss of complex FM Accounts, ideally gained within a regulated, manufacturing and high security environment.
- Experience of working with quality management systems with a high degree of procedural, technical and HSE compliance.
- A thorough knowledge of outsourced facilities services within the UK, including hard FM service lines and directly delivered complex projects including M&E, building and civils activities.
- An effective and progressive leader with experience of directing and developing multi-disciplined engineering teams in highly regulated and demanding environments.
- Proven knowledge and experience of implementing lean processes into an organisation.
- An experienced leader of change with the ability to lead and direct others towards acceptance of new business ideas, methods and working practices. A clear understanding of transformational leadership and an ability to change culture and behaviours
- A driver of people and projects with a very strong commercial awareness and a track record of achievement on complex and demanding contracts and accounts.
- Ability and experience in developing strong relationships with key customers to support account development and long-term sustainable and profitable tenure.
- A proven track record of managing supply chain partners, multiple suppliers and sub-contractors
- Must be able to attain SC Security clearance