Highways Technician – Civil 3D
3-4 month contract
Highfield Professional Solutions are working with a very well known consultancy based in Bedford. The client requires a Civil Technician to work on highway projects. The successful candidate must be a proficient user of Civils 3D and have many years experience working with the software within live projects.
1. Keep abreast of technical matters relevant to the success of the practice.
2. Ensure that the work for which they are responsible is properly and efficiently completed.
3. Undertake engineering drawing work for structural and civil engineering projects.
4. Be proficient in the use of relevant technical analysis and design software.
5. Prepare civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD, Civils 3D and MicroDrainage.
6. Provide technical support to include report writing and presentations.
7. Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections.
8. Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner to clients, contractors and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
9. Work on projects in consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
10. Maintain all necessary records.
11. Mentoring and training more junior members of staff.
12. To work collaboratively with colleagues in your office. In particular to work with your team leader and immediate design team, and keep them informed of issues pertinent to your projects at all time
Location and Communication
The person would report direct to the Engineering Manager(s) as well as the Partner(s) and Associate(s) based at the Bedford office location. Knowledge, skills and experience required
? Minimum HND, HNC (or equivalent) in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ICE approved institution.
? Ideally IEng or with 3 to 4 years relevant experience with ambition to achieving IEng status.
? Flexible approach to work and able to work as part of a team.
? Good presentation, communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
? Good analytical and organisation skills.
? Ability to work effectively under pressure.
? Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to work.
? Ability to assess, prioritise and organise self.
? Ability to gather evidence to assess progress against agreed standards.
? Ability to prepare drawings using AutoCAD, Civils 3D and MicroDrainage in a Civil/Structural or related field and high level of IT proficiency.
If you would like to find out more about the position, please send your CV or call Ashley on 01489 774 010