Junior Mechanical Design Engineer (Building Services)
c. £20,000 – £30,000 DOE
Highfield Professional Solutions are recruiting for a Junior Mechanical Design Engineer to work within a small Building Services Design team for a large multidisciplinary consultancy in Cambridge. In this position you will receive direct support from Partners of the business, helping you to develop in your profession, and progress your career with both short and long-term ambitions in mind.
This opportunity will allow you to gain exposure in all aspects of Mechanical Building Services Design with a structured framework in place to mentor you through to a Senior level (including Chartership) and beyond.
About the Company
My client is a well-renowned name within the Building Services industry and have been established as a practice for in excess of 70 years. With a rich history behind them, they are now looking to an exciting and prosperous future – with their continued growth plans including the expansion of the M&E division, producing a service that ensures delivery encompasses a sustainable, high quality design which is comfortable and safe for the end user.
Core Duties of a HVAC Design Engineer
- Production of drawings (including CAD), calculations, specifications etc
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders with regards to all design matters
- Project progression reporting
- Attend site inspections and design meetings as and when required
- Ensuring that all building services meet environmental and energy requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering
- Knowledge of HVAC services and their design
- 1+ year postgraduate experience in Building Services (desirable – recent Graduate’s also considered)
- Software skills in AutoCAD, Hevacomp etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication standards
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- You must be able to live and work in the UK without VISA restrictions or requiring sponsorship
For further information or to apply please contact Natasha Ward at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489774010 or