Job Title: Junior Quantity Surveyor
I am currently recruiting for a bespoke property development company that is looking for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Whiteley. This is a new role that has arisen due to continued company growth.
You will be required to support the design and development team on and off site. You will manage all materials and costs which relate to numerous building projects, from initial calculations to the final figures. Your role will involve minimising the costs of a project, enhancing value for money and scheduling materials – while achieving the required standards and quality.
Typical duties will include:
- Involvement on projects from the initial stages
- Preparing estimates and costs of work
- Sourcing, ordering and scheduling materials.
- Tracking any variations to the contract that may affect costs
- Creating reports to show profitability
This is an exciting opportunity to develop into a more senior role, depending on your shown ability, attitude and results.
- Previous experience in a construction based role
- Commercial aptitude
- Computer literate with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills
- Confident in problem solving, decision making and able to work under pressure