Lead EC&I Engineer
Salary on Application
Highfield Professional Solutions are seeking an experienced Electrical Control and Instrumentation professional to lead on technical support to the operational team.
You will be resolving control and instrumentation related challenges. Manage the completion of PPMs and Annual compliance of instruments and directly report a team of up to 5 engineers.
The ideal candidate will have experience with: Energy from Waste and/or Power Generation Operations and Maintenance, hold a Certificate in Safety Instrumented Systems and be qualified to a minimum of a HNC in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering. Additionally, you could have also served a recognised EC&I Apprenticeship Scheme.
This role is to take on the responsibility of the PCS7 control system of our Advanced Thermal Treatment (ATT) plant. This role will directly report into our ATT Operations Manager with communications with Assistant Maintenance Manager, EC&I team and on shift team.
What will this role involve?
- Electrical duty holder for MKWRP
- Play an active role in plant safety schemes such as Near Misses or Incident Investigations, provide support where required and implement any recommendations arising from such schemes.
- Ensure C&I assets are compliant with appropriate Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist in delivering the Operations & Maintenance Teams KPI’s
- Implementation and testing of software modules and systems
- Conduct fault finding and investigations using Siemens PCS7 or equivalent
- Develop and implement engineering procedures, instructions, method statements and guidance documents.
- Implementation, maintaining and testing of SCADA systems.
- Take ownership of the Safety Instrumented System including maintenance and proof testing
- To assist with scheduled and unscheduled outage activities as required, to ensure all aspects of C&I work are completed to program, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Lead on RCA’s in relation to EC&I issues.
- Complete accurate maintenance reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Assist in identifying the failure modes for all apparatus
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV.