Local Exhaust Ventilation Team Leader
Salary on Application
Highfield Professional Solutions are supporting a prestigious client with an exciting role for a Local Exhaust Ventilation Team Leader, the ideal candidate will be responsible for managing a team of Technicians within the LEV team at Stevenage
To apply for this position the successful candidate should have experience of leading or managing a team, be able to achieve high levels of operational performance, perform DOP testing on all varieties of equipment. You will also act as the on- site PM, Calibration, Repairs & surveys of LEV devices consisting mainly of Class 2 Biological Safety Cabinets (BSC), AFOS ventilated tables, Protex ventilated work stations, fume cupboards, downflow booths and isolators, KI Discus together with some miscellaneous LEV devices.
- Leading and inspiring our technicians to meet our client needs.
- Responsible for carrying out a range of technical and engineering duties related to the maintenance and testing of LEV equipment and facilities contract wide.
- Work is be carried with accordance with schedules generated by site engineering planning LEV coordinator once process supervisor and laboratory users agree a program of work.
- Apply technical and manual skills required to meet requirements of the contract when carrying out –
- Work appropriate to core specialised skills
- Work with equipment
- Testing and maintenance work on LEV equipment and services, appropriate level of skill
- Be fully aware of Service Level Agreements between PD and SED to ensure its requirements are met.
- To act as a Deputy for Process Supervisor in their absence or when requested or delegated to do so to ensure continuity of customer liaisons and relations and service level agreements are maintained.
- To provide information to support client QI process.
- To carry out the duties of the single skilled technician in the discipline for which craft competency is held.
- To carry out the duties of other trade disciplines to the level of trained competence.
- To take the lead in specific jobs and to direct other technicians or contractors
- To investigate, diagnose and rectify faults to a proven level of competency.
- Carry out isolations to Company standards to enable the safe disconnection of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- To check, test, set and adjust electrical and mechanical equipment to the levels to their proven competence.
- To operate and monitor plant items and services and to maintain such systems including the addition of chemicals and lubricants in accordance with current COSHH regulations.
- To identify further training as part of the appraisal system to ensure that applicable levels of skilled competence are maintained.
- To liaise closely with the Senior Technician and User Departments to maintain a high degree of first line contact.
- To attend technical seminars and training courses as appropriate.
For more information or to apply for this position please call Tom Mlinar on 01489 774010 or send your cv