MOD Abbeywood and Imjin Barracks
£28-34k + van and fuel
We are urgently looking for a qualified Electrician with 15th Edition and 2391 to undertake electrical repair and maintenance work on MOD buildings, providing a customer focused and cost effective service.
Employees in this role will provide key operational support to delivering a great service to our customers, whilst ensuring works are completed on time and within service requirements.
You will take a direct interest in the Health & Safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your work activities.
As part of the role there is a requirement to be part of an on-call rota, being available for call outs outside normal working hours (attendance within 1 hour of call being placed).
- Requirement to travel across all sites within area of responsibility
- Demonstrable practical experience in Commercial and Industrial Electrical Works including:
- A good understanding of electrical requirements in a busy, fast paced environment
- Flexible approach to work requirements and hours of work
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety requirements including COSHH and RIDDOR
- Working to ISO
- Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, energy performance, Sustainability etc.
You must also hold:
Full electrical trade qualification
17th Edition IEE regulations
Basic IT skills, including using a PDA
Able to obtain basic security clearance
City & Guilds 2391, or equivalent
Accredited Health and Safety qualification