Title: Aviation Design Manager (M&E)
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000
Highfield Professional Solutions are seeking a Design Manager who is required to manage and deliver small to medium design projects for Aviation clients, mainly at Heathrow/Gatwick Airport. Ideally the candidate will already have experience of managing design projects within the Aviation sector and knowledge of airport operations including baggage handling, screening, airport civils works and terminal operations. Reporting to the Aviation sector Director, the candidate will be required to work independently having regular contact with a number of clients promoting our clients brand and delivering successful projects.
- To bid, win and deliver small to medium design projects
- To manage design teams and achieve technically correct designs on programme
- To deliver the agreed margins on design projects
- To grow the our clients Aviation brand with new and existing customers
- To manage internal and external clients successfully
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities:
The candidate will be expected to carry out the following functions:
· To deliver small to medium multi-disciplinary design projects for clients ensuring excellent technical delivery against the brief according to our clients Integrated Management System (IMS)
· To manage and co-ordinate internal design resource, facilitate design meetings with both internal and external designers
· To monitor delivery against the brief and produce design reports, design programmes, deliverables registers, reporting to the client to ensure project is under control.
· Act as enquiry manager for bids involving review of scope with client, forming the brief, mobilising and engaging with our clients design/enquiry teams and delivering winning bids
· To ensure commercial control over design projects involving setting of project budgets, allocating fee targets, monitoring fee spend, carrying out change control with client and liaising with internal commercial teams to deliver agreed margins on projects Support functions:
· To act as key interface with clients, understanding and seeking out opportunities and ensuring that our client is well placed to deliver.
· To develop delivery strategy and assist in team formation for new projects
· To be accountable for high levels of performance for our clients in terms of design, buildability, CDM, sustainability and best value.
Qualification and Training:
Relevant degree in a design discipline or extensive design management knowledge
NEC contract knowledge is preferable
Understanding of 2015 CDM regulations
Knowledge of project programming (MS Project/Primavera)
Project Management experience/qualification (i.e. PRINCE2)
Good knowledge of M&E Services Design within the Aviation sector
?For further information or to apply please contact Natasha Ward (Specialist MEP Recruitment Consultant) at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489774010 or email [email protected]