M&E Project Manager
£38k+ Package. Tax free status.
We are working with one of the world’s foremost support services and construction companies. A leader in innovative and sustainable outcomes and a great place to work. They offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and frontline public services. Headquartered in the UK, they have gross revenues of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 68,000 people worldwide.
This is an international position up to £38000 P/A Salary (tax free status), monthly site allowance and a bonus take the gross income up to the mid 40’s. Overtime is available to increases your income further. The contract duration is permanent, with 33 days leave excluding weekends. Air/sea transport for agreed holiday periods will be at Company’s expense. Free accommodation, meals and work clothing will be provided. Tax free status on island. To achieve the same net take home in the UK you would need be earning a salary in the mid 50’s. Without any accommodation or food costs this is the perfect opportunity for you to pay off that Mortgage fast or simply save for that dream car. The work is base in the Falklands.
They are looking for a Mechanical and Electrical bias Project Manager to deliver works and projects to a high level of safety, to the required quality standards and specification, on time and within budget.
- Project Management of Mechanical or Electrical related works both of a minor and/or major nature as passed to you as part of an Annual Funded Programme.
- Oversee M&E supervisor and related works as requested.
- Ensure that you effectively manage the expectations of our Customers and constantly deliver services safely, on time, within budget and to specification and to the Customer’s satisfaction.
- Ensure that all of your works under your responsibility, irrespective of size are carried out in full compliance with legislative requirements and the Health and Safety Policy and quality system
- Demonstrate accurate financial monitoring and control of all works under your control, ensuring that your commitment value on any works never exceeds the Firm Price (FP).
- Facilitate the Coordination of CDM projects in conjunction with HSE Manager and Principal CDM
- Organise work load to minimise lost time, or non-productive time.
- Carry out role of Duty Manager as part of rota and respond to emergency call outs as and when required.
- Maintain meticulous records, timesheets and appropriate job sheets for all tasks completed, ensuring all valid risk assessments and method statements are in place.
- Ensure that all of your works are accurately entered into the Maximo IT System, percentages and progress maintained and all works are completed in the system as the works are done.
- Qualify and carry out the duties for Authorised Person in AP PET (Petroleum) and confined Spaces.
- Keep the Deputy Account Manager updated on a weekly basis of progress, successes, issues and concerns on all of your works
- Produce reports on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Control and monitor the performance of all suppliers, contractors and consultants employed on your works; safety, cost, programming etc.
- Prepare and update project planning to provide sufficient and accurate timelines and critical path control of each project under your control.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by your line manager, or Management team
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Educated to HND level (or equivalent) in construction/Electrical industry.
- Qualified (or be capable of working towards) Authorised Person in AP PET (Petroleum) and confined Spaces.
- Experience of facilities management in the maintenance and construction industry.
- Must be able to produce detailed designs and specifications, read drawings
- Experienced in designing and overseeing varied sized maintenance and new works, will be responsible for Financial & Quality control inspections and testing where required including Health & Safety.
- Full driving license.
- A proven member of a multi-skilled team
- A wide range of experience in project management of a construction nature
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be computer literate – Word, Excel, Microsoft Project & Web Access
- You will need to pass a medical and security checks to be successful.
The consultants for this vacancy are James McGoldrick and Andrew Macey – 01489774010