M&E Supervisor Mobile – (South London) – Up to £37,000 – Dependant on Experience
About the role
You could become part of a major service provider looking after a High value client in South London working on multiple sites.
We are looking for someone to provide technical support on Electrical & Mechanical Services to buildings and plant planned maintenance and reactive repair service to the sites.
To ensure that new and innovative techniques are developed and implemented to the highest standards in order to ensure maximum operational efficiency. To support the Site Safety, Health and Environment teams and activities.
The working hours are 8am to 5pm equating to a 40-hour week.
Essential specifications relevant to the role:
- To lead and develop the clients Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance team through effective communication, training and development, ensuring that the staff members are fully competent and trained to undertake key tasks.
- To support and develop a managed and cost-effective maintenance programme for the site services buildings, plant, systems and equipment.
- Evaluate customer requirements and produce proposals including cost and timescales. Monitor the progress of the planned maintenance and remedial works to agree costs and time and ensuring all works are completed to the satisfaction of the customer and regulatory authorities.
- To ensure continuity of essential site systems and equipment.
- To provide an engineering service to design, plan and project manage minor site refurbishment and equipment installations.
- To support and manage the promotion and improvements to the teams Safety, Health and Environment and risk management processes and in conjunction with the site HSE&Q team, regularly monitor the safety performance of all service aspects. Identify areas for improvement.
- To support the Services Manager – Assets in managing the departmental human resources and operating budget and ensure that all financial management, forecasting and reporting requirements are fully met.
- To develop partnerships with our suppliers to achieve maximum mutual benefit and rationalise the supplier database.
- Identify, develop, implement and review service level agreements and key performance indicators to ensure continued provision of high quality service and ensure customer satisfaction is maintained at a high level.
- Develop the existing M&E business unit to ensure growth and stability linked to Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Identify training and development needs, including the creation of a performance system, which assesses the competencies of employees and others.
- Contribute to an effective “change management” programme for key business elements e.g. services offered, products supplied, existing systems and processes etc.
- Maintain day-to-day contact with the customer’s representatives and attend meetings as directed.
- Carry out monthly team meetings with engineers fro Health & Safety issues, etc.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- To have a minimum engineering qualification of NVQ level 4 or equivalent.
- Good, all round knowledge of Maintenance Management disciplines i.e. Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
- Have experience in a Supervisory environment with Engineering as a component responsibility.
- Be commercially aware and have a sound knowledge of budget preparation, negotiation and management.
- Have good people management, leadership, decision-making and communications skills.
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.
- Full driving Licence
In return for these skills there is a generous and highly competitive remuneration package on offer including basic salary, holiday package, pension commitment and other company wide benefits.
If interested in the role please contact Iain Macdonald at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489774010 or alternatively send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org