Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Industry: Building Services
Location: Central London
Salary: £36,000 – £43,000 p/a + benefits
Highfield Professional Solutions are currently working closely with an innovative, dynamic and award-winning independent consultancy who are looking to expand their accomplished team in line with the sustained period of growth they are experiencing with both new clients and new projects to work with. As a result of this, a superb opportunity has now arisen for a confident and ambitious Mechanical Design Engineer who has a strong Building Services background to complement their current array of young talent further.
The consultancy place a high emphasis on rewarding your hard-work and aptitude and offer excellent career progression and professional development opportunities, with full support afforded to you from day one. With the majority of their Directors having started with the organisation as Junior and Intermediate level Engineers, they provide a clear advancement path, no matter what your ambitions are.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will play an integral part in the success of the business and become a valued member of their team.
- Degree-qualified in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering
- Minimum 4 years’ Mechanical Design experience in the UK/Ireland Building Services industry
- Excellent technical knowledge of HVAC Services Design
- Software proficiency in multiple of the following: AutoCAD, Hevacomp, Revit, IES
- Project experience across a variety of sectors (commercial, residential, leisure/hospitality etc)
- You should be confident in working independently and taking a lead role on projects. The view would be for you to move up to a Senior grade once proven.
- You will be involved in projects from inception through to completion with duties involving calculations, specifications, reports, surveys, drawings mark ups and computer-aided design
- You will be able to take a lead role on smaller/medium sized projects including Mechanical design, project management, attendance at design team meetings & site meetings, and responsibility for project delivery.
- Interacting with clients to establish briefs, recommending solutions and ensuring satisfaction
- Management and mentoring of Junior Engineers and CAD/BIM Technician’s
- A friendly, outgoing and positive working environment with great social events and team camaraderie – including two international social trips a year all paid for to let your hair down!
- Flexible working hours are available
- Company profit-share scheme TBC
Please contact Natasha Ward at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489774010 to discuss further, or send a copy of your CV via email to apply