Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to £35,000 per annum
Highfield Professional Solutions are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to work with a specialist MEICA Subcontractor working in the Water Industry, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to with an established and long-term client base and work on some of the UK’s most exciting infrastructure projects. The ideal candidate will have previously worked within the UK water sector or similar environment, be qualified to a HNC or similar in Mechanical Engineering and be has some experience of 3D Modelling.
As a Mechanical Designer you will be responsible for
- Gaining client requirements and creating specifications for projects; creating solutions.
- Working alongside the Project Manager and Design Manager to ensure that the designs of projects are running to client requirements, and are compliant with regulations.
- To produce designs in accordance with the design specification
- To ensure the integrity of the design through:
- technical design calculations
- material research and awareness of modern production techniques
- cost effectiveness
- To produce all necessary production and assembly drawings, using the 3D modelling and 2D drawing CAD system
- To be aware of the necessary standards relating to the environment
- Undertake site and client visits as required
- Communicating accurately with other stakeholders throughout the project from concept through to completion.
- Liaising with the end client to ensure that they have a full understanding of the progress of the project.
In return the successful candidate can expect a salary up to £35,000 per annum plus other excellent benefits, in order to apply for this position please send across a copy of your cv or call contact Tom Mlinar on 01489 774010.