Mechanical Engineer – Oxfordshire
Working hours are Friday – Monday (4 Days) – 8:00am to 17:00pm.
About the role
You could become part of a National company recognised for focusing on training and staff development.
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic Mechanical Engineer to work as part of a team who will be responsible for providing Technical support, building services and process operations as part of a specialist team.
- Responsible for monitoring and carrying out operation and maintenance activities and monitoring maintenance carried out by specialist sub contracts within primarily the Reynolds facility, Waste management centre and barrel store.
- Manage and Monitor the Building Management Systems, where applicable.
- Provide specialist advice and support for all Technical Services management activities associated with the building services and process operations.
This includes, but limited to:
- Pumps, motors, valves, actuators associated with blending facilities
- Cooling systems and cleaning systems
- Tanks (oil, aqueous, etc.)
- Monitoring systems and local ventilation, general extraction
- Building services (heating/ cooling/ general ventilation/ electrical supply/ compressed air/ etc.)
- To carry out PPM and reactive tasks.
- Carry our minor electrical and mechanical works.
- Technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in a craft skill or engineering discipline would be an important prerequisite of the role.
- Qualified to ONC/OND, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant job specific discipline.
- Proven experience within a process environment.
- Knowledge of PSSR 2000/Confined Space, Legionella, and Permit to Work systems
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Personable and approachable
- Good communication skills
- Literate and numerate
- Flexible and adaptable
- In return for these skills there is a generous and highly competitive remuneration package on offer including basic salary of up to £35,000, holiday package, pension commitment and other company wide benefits.
If interested in the role please contact Iain Macdonald at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489774010 or alternatively send your CV through to email@example.com