Mechanical Supervisor- South west London
About the role
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic Mechanical Supervisor with a can-do attitude and highly flexible approach to delivering high-quality maintenance support.
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Personable and approachable
- The individual must have/be willingly DV Cleared
- The pay rate is £20-24, working hours from 8am – 5pm
Below are some of the duties you will be expected to carry out
- To lead and develop the Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance team through effective communication, training and development, ensuring that the staff members are fully competent and trained to undertake key tasks.
- Support and develop a managed and cost-effective maintenance programme for the site services buildings, plant, systems and equipment. Testing and Inspecting of Mechanical Systems
- Evaluate customer requirements and produce proposals including cost and timescales. Monitor the progress of the planned maintenance and remedial works to agree costs and time and ensuring all works are completed to the satisfaction of the customer and regulatory authorities
- To support and manage the promotion and improvements to the teams Safety, Health and Environment and risk management processes and in conjunction with the site HSE&Q team, regularly monitor the safety performance of all service aspects. Identify areas for improvement.
- To support the Services Manager – Assets in managing the departmental human resources and operating budget and ensure that all financial management, forecasting and reporting requirements are fully met.
Essential experience relevant to your role:
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- To have a minimum engineering qualification of NVQ level 4 or equivalent.
- Good, all-round knowledge of Maintenance Management disciplines i.e. Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
- Have experience in a Supervisory environment with Engineering as a component responsibility.
- Be commercially aware and have a sound knowledge of budget preparation, negotiation and management.
- Have good people management, leadership, decision-making and communications skills.
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.
If interested in the role please contact Andy Macey at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489774010 or alternatively send your CV through to [email protected]