Mechanical Project Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Project Engineer/Designer to be based at our client site in Whitehall.
Due to the security levels on site the candidate must be a British National
The role will provide an in-house design and project management capability on minor mechanical systems and act as design manager for complex or sub-contracted design work. Managing projects from initiation through to closure in a highly regulated environment.
You will also be responsible for the financial and commercial planning and governance of all mechanical/ building services projects up to £2 million and the core service contract including procurement strategies.
In order to deliver you must establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, design and operations teams, and associated organisations in order to lead and deliver projects through collaboration
Other duties will include:
- Capture customer requirements, knowledge of site standards and operational constraints
- Undertake and deliver high quality detailed engineering design for Minor Systems under PSSR regulation, chilled water and ventilation systems and general building services, mechanical services, including calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, models, specifications and other documents required
- Develops the design proposal and construction phase plan documentation in accordance with on-site assurance standards
- In consultation with the Operational Buyer and site QS, develop cost proposals and gain funding for works
- Coordinate and manage works throughout the delivery phase
- Ensure all works are commissioned and project completion documents including H&S file are developed to a high standard, seeking Assurance Team approval on completion of the project.
- Provides effective and appropriate leadership, including team spirit and company ethos, culture and values
- To act as Authorised Person (Mechanical System).
The candidate will need a minimum of C&G Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building Services Engineering (4467) preferably foundation degree or be able to demonstrate competence in designing such systems
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in pump and pipe work sizing, heat loads, ventilation and cooling design modifications
- Ideally experienced in data centre system design and installation
- Experienced in design value optimisation
- Ideally registered with a relevant professional institution at IEng Level or able to demonstrate equivalent technical competence.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a building services design engineering capacity within the UK
- Proven ability to design Mechanical Building Services systems and their integration into BMS and electrical systems and demonstrate rationale behind proposals
- Experience of being Lead Mechanical Engineering for multiple projects (construction value up to £2M) from Concept to Completion including commissioning.
- Experience of NEC3 contracts.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and application of low carbon design
- Mentoring and management of installers and commissioning engineers
- Demonstrate the use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of H&S with an appropriate qualification; minimum IOSH Managing Safely
- Demonstrate knowledge of MOD JSP 375
In return you will be offered a generous salary, 25 days annual leave, Company sick pay, pension, On call + allowance