Hours of Work: 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
£37,000 – £42,000/annum
We are urgently looking for an experienced Mechanical Supervisor to join our client on their contract based at Whitehall. This role will require existing SC Clearance.
To provide technical support, leadership and supervision on Mechanical and HVAC Services to the building’s assets and service. To act as L8 Legionella Responsible Person for the site.
- To ensure compliance with L8 Legionella regulations ensuring that the cooling towers and the domestic water system is fully compliant and functional at all times.
- To lead and develop the Mechanical Maintenance team through effective communication, training and development, ensuring that the staff members are fully competent and trained to undertake key tasks.
- To support the Asset and Assurance Manager to develop a cost-effective maintenance programme for the site services, plant, systems and equipment.
- Lead the maintenance team to deliver planned maintenance and remedial works to agree costs and time and ensuring all works are completed to the satisfaction of the customer and regulatory authorities reporting on progress throughout.
- To ensure continuity of essential site systems and equipment.
- To plan and manage minor site refurbishment and equipment installations.
- When capacity allows, or priority dictates, support the Project Manager with installation and commissioning work.
- To ensure compliance with and promote improvements to the teams Safety, Health and Environment and risk management processes and in conjunction with the site HSE&Q team, regularly monitor the safety performance of all service aspects.
- To support the Assurance and Asset Manager in managing the departmental human resources and operating budget and ensure that all financial management, forecasting and reporting requirements are fully met.
- To develop partnerships with our suppliers to achieve maximum mutual benefit and rationalise the supplier database.
- Ensure compliance with service level agreements and key performance indicators delivering a high-quality service and customer satisfaction.
- Identify training and development needs, including the creation of a performance system, which assesses the competencies of employees and others.
The ideal candidate will have:
- To have a minimum engineering qualification of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- To have undertaken a similar role and have previously been Responsible Person Legionella.
- Sound knowledge of mechanical building services systems, including but not limited to, portable and chilled water systems, HVAC, standby power, pumps and compressors.
- It is highly desirable that the candidate is current and competent in maintaining all mechanical systems associated with a data centre and controlled environment systems.
- Desirably hold a health and safety qualification eg IOSH Managing Safely or the NEBOSH Award in H&S at work
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and safe working practices and competent in delivering projects compliant with Construction Design and Management Regulations
- Demonstrable competence in the MODs management of health and safety, management of high-risk activities and be willing to assume the duties of Act as Authorised Person (Mechanical Systems) and AP(Confined Space)
- Have experience supervising other trades and sub-contractors.
- Be commercially aware and have a sound knowledge of budget preparation, negotiation and management.