Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician – Basingstoke – Up to £33,000
About the role
You could become part of a National company recognised for focusing on training and staff development who are seeking a Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician to cover the Hampshire area in a mobile based role.
Must be happy to go through a Security Check for the role.
The working hours are 8:00am – 17:00pm
Overtime is also available
- To provide general electrical/ HVAC/ Building services maintenance support on all buildings and plant as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Implementing all electrical maintenance and corrective works on the site in accordance with the instructions promulgated on PPM dockets and site-specific procedures.
- Testing and inspecting electrical installations in accordance with National Inspection council documentation.
- Providing accurate feedback information including completing test sheets, routine rounds inspection sheets and work dockets containing durations of maintenance activities and observations.
- Ensuring that all plant and systems are maintained and operated in order to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability.
- Carrying out refurbishment works arising from breakdown or maintenance inspections.
- Responding to Helpdesk reactive maintenance/breakdown calls and carrying out remedial work as necessary, providing feedback information to customer and helpdesk as required.
- Developing and retaining knowledge of site system failures and their causes and effects.
- Carrying out condition-based monitoring surveys.
- Carrying out minor new works installations and testing.
- Assisting in maintaining the cleanliness of plant and adjacent areas.
- Undertaking defect surveys on electrical plant and systems and providing reports as requested by engineering management.
- The ideal candidate will have the 17th edition electrical C&G certificate or be willing to complete the course. Qualified to C&G 2360.
- Have or be working towards obtaining C&G 2391 inspection and test of electrical installations would be an advantage.
- Qualified or trained in other building service disciplines including HVAC would be an advantage
- Experience in a building service environment.
- Articulate, numerate and IT literate
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred
- Be commercially aware and have a reasonable knowledge of budget preparation, negotiation and management.
- Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Services Engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful track record in the field of assurance / health & safety and environment.
- Have good decision-making and communications skills.
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.
- Must be self-motivated and a team player, have an adaptable/flexible approach
- Must be able to work overtime
- Must hold UK driving license
In return for these skills there is a generous and highly competitive remuneration package on offer including a competitive basic salary of up to £33,000 dependant on experience + holiday package of 25 days, pension commitment and other company wide benefits.
If interested in the role please contact Iain Macdonald at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489 774010 or alternatively send your CV through