Our client provides response maintenance and projects works to housing estates throughout London. The team is based in Twickenham and schedule work requests to their team of tradesman situated throughout the Twickenham area to provide the customer with a bespoke service.
The success in the role will be measured based on the employee’s ability to complete works to the required standard and within the volume parameters specified within the role.
All engineers must complete all works on the supplied tablets as per the guidance given by the response team to ensure the client has the visibility of the job status as specified in the contract.
A competitive salary of £34000 PA with a 5000 performance bonus is available. Standby bonus and overtime rates make the earning potential well into the £40’s. Van fuel card and phone are all also provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Install pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, or other liquids
- Install supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
- Assembles fittings and valves for installation
- Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
- Collaborates with contractors and other operatives to deliver works
- Tests plumbing systems for leaks and other problems
- Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair
- Chooses plumbing materials based on budget, location, and intended uses of building
- Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes
- Updates tablet detailing the actions taken and materials used
- Performs inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts
- Other reasonable tasks in connection with works attended
Experience & knowledge
- Experience within domestic plumbing role
- Previous social housing experience is preferable
- Demonstrates ability to meet deadlines / objectives
- Relevant City & Guilds/NVQ qualification in plumbing
- Full UK driving licence
If interested in the role, please contact Andrew Macey at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489774010 or alternatively send your CV through