Highfield Professional Solutions have the pleasure of representing a world-leading integrated project and programme management consultancy. This international company has great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of their staff, they provide cutting-edge expertise.
The Birmingham office is looking to hire a Personal Assistant to support the Operations Director.
This is a key appointment within the business, therefore you will need to be a professional and flexible individual who can meet the following requirements:
- Sufficient and appropriate experience in a PA role at a similar level.
- Excellent client liaison skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and a strong awareness of IT technology available. Experience in using Power BI would be advantageous
- Ability to learn and use other in-house IT systems.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to deal effectively with people at all levels including a professional telephone manner.
- The ability to make decisions and use initiative.
- Well organized and self-motivated, ability to multi-task with a methodical approach to day to day activities.
- Ability to manage a fluctuating workload and maintain a calm disposition at times when working under pressure.
- A positive and team orientated outlook.
- Ability to lead by example and share best practice with peers.
- Experience or understanding of the Construction/Engineering industry would be advantageous, however not essential.
- Keen to learn and continue developing.
- You will be able to deal with a wide range of people within the company and externally.
- Full diary management taking a proactive approach and intuitive approach to what is needed for meetings/events
- Organising and controlling a fast-changing daily schedule
- Secretarial and administrative support.
- Organising travel as required
- Organisation and support at client and staff functions
- Preparation and production of reports, statistics and other information’s.
- Compiling and distributing reports for the monthly management meetings.
- Attending management meetings and recording minutes and distribution of the minutes.
- Responding to confidential communication with internal and external clients.
- Providing a professional telephone service and discreet screening.
- Directing business queries to appropriate teams by having an in depth understanding of local business activities
- Support as and when required for other related teams, i.e. overflow situations or holiday cover
- Whilst this role involves no direct people management, we do expect the successful candidate to lead by example and be a good communicator.
- Other duties for the Personal Assistant will include greeting visitors, providing typing and secretarial support, email management and project administrative duties as required.
- Confident with excellent communication skills and the ability to be assertive when required
- Business focused with the ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
- Ability to use your own initiative, be proactive and intuitive
- Professional, conscientious and well organised, with a methodical approach to day to day activities
- A flexible and adaptable approach to working, with a can-do attitude and the ability to multi task.
- Good command of the English language.
Rewards & Benefits:
This consultancy offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
For more information on this role or to apply, please contact Sonya Hoey on 01489 774010 or email