Principal Authorising Engineer (HV & LV)
Mobile role covering UK
£65k + Package inc Car, Pension, Health
We are urgently looking for a Principle Authorising Engineer to join our client on their large FM contract covering the UK. Head office will be Birmingham but this role will be home based with extensive travel.
What is the purpose of this role?
Part of the Chief Engineer’s Compliance Team, the role will specifically be required to:
- Be responsible for setting the Safe System of Work Safety Rules for High Risk Activity.
- Define the competency requirements for Authorised Persons, Designated Persons/Skilled Persons across the FM Portfolio.
- Lead a team of Authorising Engineers and Co-ordinating APs to coach and mentor operations managers, APs and operatives on what good SSOW compliance delivery requires.
- Audit site performance and deliver Corrective Actions using SMART principle, to be logged on the FM Action Tracker.
- Investigate compliance issues, liaising with clients and Enforcement Authorities as required.
- Attend Industry events and forums, seeking to influence future iterations of applicable Heath, Safety, Environmental and Quality regulations and guidelines with FM professionalization at the core of this work.
What will this role involve?
- Strategy Development for High Risk Safety Compliance across the FM portfolio.
- Support margin improvement strategy by identifying and analysing innovative technology to reduce core service costs and any associated penalties.
- Contribute to Bidding process, support work winning and prioritise oversight of mobilising contracts to ensure all compliance risk is identified, analysed and mitigated in line with commercial and financial peers.
- Ensure and improve the delivery of service excellence across the account through maximising efficiency and effectiveness, actively sharing best practice and seeking opportunities for profit improvement
- Ensure the Compliance System is a robust reference for future bids and in line with or in excess of industry standards.
- Oversee supply chain quality to deliver service excellence for Compliance.
- Ensure that business imperatives are clearly communicated and understood by operations and compliance team colleagues.
- Supports and contributes to continuous improvement Customer / Market Understand, anticipate and deliver client requirements
- Support and implement a culture of customer centricity People / Organisation Manage supplier relationships (often outsourced / sub-contractors)
- Manage direct reports
- Support and reflect the culture within the business Ensure a culture of compliance
What are we looking for?
- A professionally recognised technical compliance expert with senior accreditation from relevant industry institutions.
- A Chartered Engineer with at least 5 years of operational experience as an Authorising Engineer. Candidates who are able to demonstrate a commitment to gaining accredited status may be considered. This role will require both a specific qualification in Electrical Systems and a general experience is SSOW policy/common requirements setting.
- At least 5 years’ experience in leading and delivering a comprehensive compliance programme in the FM sector.
- A proactive and flexible leader who can communicate issues concisely to the Chief Engineer, senior clients, account directors and deliver effective operational support at site level.
- An experienced critical incident investigator, ideally with recognised qualifications in this field.
- Able to take and be accountable for decisions within the business unit.
- Customer Relationship Management, IT and Data analytics skills
- Ability to understand and implement commercial contracts
- Has clear understanding of industry and market
- Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets
- Supported a P&L account
- Delivered against a business plan/objectives – including holding responsibility for the management of resources.
- Provided a significant contribution to a bid or mobilisation
- Managed a business improvement or change management project
- Understands and upholds values Able to implement and support a customer-centric approach
- Demonstrates the behaviours Visible felt leadership (IOSH managing safely).
- Environmental awareness for managers.
What makes this role unique?
- The role is fundamental to the contract strategy, providing assurance of High Risk Safety Compliance performance across a portfolio of contracts and delivering a system to manage compliance using innovative technology and processes.
For this role you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme.
In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement.
Healthcare – individual private medical insurance comes with this job role.