Signalling Project Engineer
My client have an exciting opportunity to join their new project delivery team based in Paddington. They have recently been selected to deliver the signalling works to extend existing London Overground services and provide a new railway connection to the development currently under construction.
As the Lead Project Engineer you will play a key role supporting the Engineering Manager and Lead Project Manager in delivering the engineering requirements of the project programme and resources to deliver the planned works within budget, safely and within set timescales.
As a Lead Project Engineer we need someone who can:
- Ensure integration of design, installation and testing activities acting as Contractor’s Engineering Manager.
- Ensure the engineering elements are delivered to programme and are compliant with defined scope and applicable standards.
- Implement and maintain best practice signalling engineering processes as part of a continual improvement plan.
- Ensure that suitable project plans are in place to support efficient resource management.
- Implement the company’s engineering management system within the local project.
- Perform technical inspections on regular basis and take corrective action to resolve problems identified.
- Highlight and document project derogations or temporary non-compliances, liaising with the Professional Head of Signalling.
- To undertake safety critical or safety related activities relevant to competence and authority to work
- Maintain and monitor and control engineering registers
The successful candidate must have the following skills, qualifications & experience:
- IRSE licenced Engineering Manager (Lead Engineer) (6.8.110) plus module F (Project Engineer) or Project Engineer 1.2.230.
- Experience of working in signalling design, installation or testing, with an in-depth knowledge of railway construction.
- Extensive experience of undertaking and supporting risk assessments.
- Extensive experience of organising and managing a large number of complex tasks.
- Experience of business management.
- MSc or BSc degree level education in an engineering discipline.
- Detailed awareness of Network Rail standards and procedures.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The role is offering a competitive basic salary, as well as car/allowance, bonus scheme, pension and 33 days holiday.
If interested in this opportunity, please email your CV or call me on 01489 774010 for more details.