You will be joining a large FM provider on a prestigious contract based in the West Midlands
This role will support the division in producing high quality estimates and tender submissions that satisfy the business strategy and adhere to company governance, thereby ensuring that profitable bids are secured with a balanced risk and cost profile.
What will this role involve?
- Provide professional estimating capabilities to ensure winning profitable bids are secured on the account.
- Liaise with other members of the Estimating, Operational and Commercial teams to deliver high quality estimates and tender submissions
- Coaching, development and Management of staff to ensure all estimating / bidding processes are embedded within the account
- Support the Principal Commercial Manager and the division in developing and implementing Pricing / Commercial strategies to be successful for pricing on schemes and mini competitions within the account.
- Own and lead pricing and cost modelling standards / strategies on all divisional bids for the account
- Responsible for ensuring all bidding opportunities follow the group/divisional bidding process and adhere to the required governance (customer responses)
- Recruit and provide resource to meet the accounts needs.
Could this be for you?
To be successful as a Principal Estimator you will be currently working in a similar position and will have the relevant leadership skills. You will be responsible for the coaching, development and Management of staff to ensure all estimating / bidding processes are embedded within the business
You will be a team player with a willingness to assist colleagues, and can work to deadlines. You will be customer focussed, and can multi-task and prioritise work in a demanding environment. You will be flexible to assist with the demand of the role. You will be good at problem solving, have commercial awareness, as well as having good all round experience of working within the water industry.
- Good working knowledge of the below is also required.
- Diversions & New infrastructure for both clean and waste water projects
- Clean water trunk mains
- knowledge of – NEC3/4
- Schedule / Programme of Works
- Contract awareness and good change control,
- Experienced civil engineering background for bot deep excavation and temporary works
- Land and planning knowledge
- Construction risk knowledge
- Contract risk knowledge
Ongoing development opportunities
Please Kirsty Lockyear to discuss further.